Substance Treatment Counselor
Substance Treatment Counselor in Training Step 19 ($44,263) – Step 38 ($77,616) Benefits, Regular - Full-Time Position located in Klamath Falls. The Substance Treatment Counselor in Training (CIT) will continue developing in all areas of addiction counseling competencies in accordance with ACCBO certification standards. The Counselor in Training (CIT) will participate in didactic supervision, observation, skills training, reading, role plays, co-facilitate treatment groups. Upon the direction of the Substance Treatment Supervisor the CIT will provide coverage for various job duties required of certified Substance Treatment Counselors within the skill level of the CIT. The Counselor in Training (CIT) will maintain professional standards; follow the ethics and treatment policies of the Tribe, agency, federal, state, and local regulations. Ability to attend training is a condition of acceptance into the program.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Obtain personal information and medical history through consultation with clients, family members, referents and other professionals as appropriate to gain a clear picture of the client’s status and extent of treatment needs.
2. Determine through the screening and assessment process if the client’s needs match program target population. Coordinate with other agencies to expedite treatment for clients based on the assessed level of care and treatment needs.
3. Develop client-centered treatment plans based on strengths and needs identified within the psychosocial assessment. Monitor and modify treatment plans with the client to promote progress through the stages of change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong clinical skills
- Have training and knowledge and/or experience demonstrating competence in the treatment of addictive disease including client evaluation, counseling theory and therapeutic techniques.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and treatment methods with a strong understanding of the recovery model, motivational interviewing, stages of change, cognitive behavioral therapy and strengths-based case management philosophies and strategies
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Required to possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent. (Must submit copy of diploma or transcripts with application.)
- Required to sign ACCBO’s Ethic’s Agreement as outlined by ACCBO’s Certification Requirements.
- Required to have a minimum of two (2) years current sobriety.